The Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA) is an independent, non-for-profit organisation, established by the Pilates Industry as a regulatory body for control of quality instruction, member support and integrity within all legitimate approaches to the Pilates Method.
The PAA believes in an open approach to regulation and strives to ensure protection for the general public, industry employees and studios, whilst continuing to foster the original intentions of the Pilates Method.
To advance the interests of the Pilates industry and promote the discipline to the general public and other allied health professionals.
Aims of the PAA:
- to promote understanding and regulation of quality instruction within studios and Pilates training programs
- to create an industry based on competency and to disseminate legitimate, informed and non-biased information
- to set professional standards and maintain the integrity of Pilates Method instruction, education and information
- to support and inform the general public in the safe and inspiring implementation of the Pilates Method
- to be a proactive body within Australian allied health industries
- to promote professional Pilates practitioners, their education and contribution to the Australian health and wellbeing industry, and
- to progress the profession of Pilates, its workplace standards and career paths.
Further to providing support and industry regulatory services, the PAA also provides access to a range of professional development courses for practitioners. It regularly advertises approved workshops to ensure its members receive updated education and information relevant to the Pilates Method and in accordance with the PAA mission statement and codes.
Approved courses, seminars and workshops are published on the Pilates website. By providing a high standard of governance, the general public may be confident that PAA registered professionals are working under approved industry standards and are highly skilled, accredited practitioners of the Method.
At the Tasmanian Health and Fitness Expo, Pilates Alliance Australia will have a stall space, to allow you to find out more about training options and the health benefits of Pilates.
Two PAA accredited and experienced Pilates practitioners from Pilates Tasmania* (Mary and Ella), will be available throughout the day to answer any questions you might have about undertaking Pilates training or commencing Pilates mat or studio sessions in Tasmania.
*About Pilates Tasmania:
Pilates Tasmania is Tassie’s principal group mat provider, leading the way with quality and government accredited instructors and personalised programming to suit all levels of fitness and ability.
Pilates Tasmania is proud to be associated with the Tasmanian Fitness Expo and will be taking a pre-Expo matclass to start the day. Attendance at this class will provide you first and discounted entry to the Expo and a chance to try Pilates yourself if you haven’t already.
To register your interest for the morning matclass, contact Ella at firstname.lastname@example.org